Here is a sample of librarian resume – Feel free to copy-paste and adapt it to build your resume to apply for the job you want. The following resume template can be also utilized for a librarian, school librarian, and children’s librarian.
Librarian is a person who is professionally working in the library, access to information and sometimes social or technical programming. In addition, librarians give information literacy instruction. It is usually necessary to have a diploma from the Department of Library Science, Masters library science or library, and information studies.
Academic librarians manage, organize, evaluate and disseminate information, provide support to the members of the university community, including students, researchers and teachers.
They may be responsible for a particular academic subjects, skill development and other functions. The role is to facilitate and support learning, teaching skills to find information for students and staff in the classroom or virtual learning environments. Librarians spend a lot of time working with electronic means, including database administration and web development. The document is also very focused on the customer.
Key Skills Should Be Considered While Writing A Librarian Resume
- Customer service and interpersonal skills;
- ICT skills;
- Communication and presentation;
- Flexible approach to work;
- Negotiating skills;
- Ability to work as part of a team, or on its own initiative;
- The ability to prioritize their work and deadlines to meet;
- The ability to think logically;
- Self-management and organizational skills;
- Appreciation pressures and demands in an environment of academic work.
Librarian Resume Sample
Helen R. Martinez
(Address, Contact Info)
Librarian dedicated and spicy with a varied experience of 7 years in public and university libraries. Demonstrated experience directing the efforts of the team to develop their collections to buyers and marketing and promotion consulting services for readers and staff community.
- Experience in providing research to help students to meet their specific needs.
- Well versed in the development and affordable to manage libraries.
- A thorough knowledge of the analysis and assessment of the needs of library services and media.
Looking for work as a librarian, with the possibility of my seven years of experience in managing and maintaining databases, and accounting/table related to information literacy to effectively manage the library.
- Created a sophisticated management system set that increased the profitability of the book by 29%.
- Coordinate the efforts of five book clubs together to read the mega-event.
- Reduced overhead and additional costs suggest the purchase of books container activities instead of buying units.
- Developed, maintained and implemented an indexing system that generates visualization and return books.
- Improved order books and shelves that reduced the time to book for the recovery of 30%.
Librarian | Bakers University, Miami, FL | Dec 2010 – Present
- Help students find books and information for them.
- Ensure effective actions for recovery.
- Management of inventory books and library materials.
- Keep each catalogs and library files safe.
- Answer questions from students about reading material.
- Maintain systems properly indexed.
- Ensure that books or small pieces of broken fact replaced immediately.
- Buy books and materials appropriate to the library.
- Provide playlists and manage electronic and written documents.
- Provide researchers help to conduct research in the literature using experience in the use of databases and printed materials.
Librarian | Sacramento Public Library, Sacramento, CA | Jan 2006 – Dec 2010
- Appropriately documented records of books published for readers that the current date, the date of transition and good on overdue books.
- Oversaw the budget and the costs of expansion library, with the arrival of new books; set for a new policy.
- Explained the proper use of library resources for new users and taught them how to use the books properly.
- Classified the books and classified according to publishers, authors and release date.
- Oversaw the items in the library and recorded files, delete outdated items.
- Shortcuts and indexes created to find books in the library users.
- Establish rules and regulations for the library to be used by the reader.
Texas State University, Austin, TX – 2005
MS – Library and Information Sciences
REFERENCES – Available on request
***This is only the librarian resume sample that we present to you to build it by yourself. Good luck and get the right job soon.
Want more samples?