Look over a sample of legal assistant cover letter. Here are writing guides, including what to include and how to format. Feel free to copy-paste and edit for your job application. This cover letter can also use for a legal administrative assistant or paralegal.
Guides for You
- Legal Break-In: Get That Legal Secretary, Legal Assistant or Paralegal Job!
- Careers as a Paralegal and Legal Assistant (Essential Careers)
- Paralegal Practice & Procedure Fourth Edition: A Practical Guide for the Legal Assistant
A legal assistant, or paralegal, is a non-lawyer who helps lawyers do legal work both in and out of the courtroom. The main task of a legal assistant is to prepare the documentation needed by the lawyer in case work and trials; they also work in the corporate settings. The legal assistant conducts a case investigation of all information relevant to the case, and then the findings and the analyses are formalized into written reports that are submitted to the attorneys. Oftentimes, they also send recommendations about how a case could be best handled.
Once a case gets accepted, the paralegal then assists in the preparation of legal arguments, drafts pleadings and motions that need to be filed with the court, and provides actual physical assistance during hearings. Paralegals also take charge of maintaining the track files. Other tasks include preparing tax returns, setting up trust funds, planning mortgages, as well as drafting contracts and other forms of legal agreements. They may also be asked to maintain financial records.
Some of the tips which you will have to keep in mind while preparing the cover page for legal assistant are as follows:
- The first thing which you will have to keep in mind is that you will have to do the proper research. If you will not do the proper research then you will not get an idea about the job profile of the project management. Hence make sure that you see at least ten job descriptions before writing the cover letter. You should right down all the necessary requirements for this job. Make sure that you make the recruiter believe that you have all the required skills and hence you are the right person for this job.
- You will also have to choose the right format for this job. Let me tell you that format is the most important part of any cover letter. You should be extra cautious while selecting the format.
- Make sure that you know the name of the person who is responsible for recruitment. You will have to make sure that you know this name. After knowing, just use the official name of the person in your cover letter. This will definitely have a very good effect on the recruiter.
- In the first paragraph write about the companies name and where you heard about the job opening. Do not forget to add a line that you are applying for this post. Hence make sure that the recruiter comes to know that you are applying for the post.
- As far as the next paragraph is concerned, you will have to describe the skills which you possess and how you will be able to tackle the problems related to the post.
- After this thank the reader for spending his valuable time reading your cover letter and resume.
Legal Assistant Cover Letter Sample
TO WHOM IT MAY CONCERN
Dear Mrs. Kim,
As a highly skilled Legal Assistant, I read your posting for a new Legal Assistant with interest. My experience aligns with the qualifications you are seeking at ABC & XYZ in particular my role as a Legal Assistant at BBC, I am certain I would make a valuable addition to your organisation.
With more than eight years’ experience as a Legal Assistant, I am adept in legal research, information management and document drafting. Moreover, while my on-the-job experience has afforded me a well-rounded skill set, including first-rate critical thinking and interpersonal abilities, I excel at:
- Researching, drafting and revising legal opinion publications.
- Writing various court document and correspondence.
- Preparing legal complaints, sermons and interrogatories.
- Conducting clients interviews and all intake services.
In addition to my experience and personal qualities, I have a solid educational foundation and a passion for legal support. I am extremely enthusiastic about ABC & XYZ focus on family and would welcome the opportunity to contribute to continued success in this area.
Please review my attached resume for additional details regarding my expertise and career achievements. I will follow up to request an appointment to discuss how my experience and background meets your needs.
**This is only the legal assistant cover letter that we present to you to build it by yourself. Good luck and get the right job soon.
Guides for You...
>>> New - Amazing Resumes!
>>> Veterans Guide To Getting Federal Jobs
>>> How To Use Linkedin To Find A New Position
>>> Ultimate Guide To Job Interview Answers
>>> Guide to Job Search