Here is a sample of help desk support resume – Feel free to copy-paste and adapt it to build your resume to apply for the job you want. The following resume template can be also utilized for an IT help desk support analyst, help desk, technical support, and help desk assistant.
Guides for You
- A Guide to Computer User Support for Help Desk and Support Specialists
- Effective Help Desk Specialist Skills
Help desk support is a source intended to provide information to the customer or end-user and product support and services organization related. The purpose of the service is usually to solve problems or give advice on products such as computers, electronics, food, clothing or software. Companies often provide technical support to its customers through various channels, such as toll-free numbers, web pages, instant messages or e-mails. There is also a service to help provide assistance to employees.
Skills Required for Help Desk Support
- Good communication skills
- Customer friendly
- Expert technology problem solver
- Extensive experience of hardware and software
Help Desk Support Resume Example
[Street, City, State, Zip, Phone, Email]
Summary of qualifications
- Results-oriented and energetic professional with over 7 years of experience in various functions help desk
- Highly qualified to meet the tickets generated by the users in a timely manner
- Proven ability to diagnose and troubleshoot operating systems
- Save a history of working with end-users and to provide effective support Level 2 and Level 3
- Practical experience in response, control, and monitoring of phone calls, e-mails, and end-user support requests
University of Brooklyn, New York
BSc. In Computer Science
[MAY 2012 – PRESENT] ABC Communications [ City, State ]
Level 1, Level 2 Help desk Support Technician
- Connect to the Internet (modem / DSL)
- Support the browser (Internet Explorer / Netscape)
- Support e-mail (Outlook, Outlook Express, Eudora, Netscape Communicator), and MS Windows 3.1-ME.
- Support for Macintosh version 7.1 to 9
- FTP software support (WS FTP, anarchy)
Helpdesk Technician/Callback Technician
- Provide assistance to support internal technicians.
- Training of technicians creating training using visual aids.
- Web resource for technicians who use techniques of web design.
- Provide third-level support/recall customer for the final solution.
- Conflict resolution equipment or give wounds (Return Authorization Number) for defective equipment.
- Support: HTML, web design, basic CGI scripts, hardware, software, and hardware support.
- Support software: MS FrontPage, Macromedia Dreamweaver, background software products for e-commerce sites Flashnet, several FTP clients.
- $ 1.95 min for support calls.
[October 2010 – January 2012] DEF Communications [ City, State ]
Level 1, Level 2 Support Technician
- Supported for connectivity, internet modem cable configurations, and settings.
- Troubleshoot LAN / Internet TCP / IP.
- Supported Software: Internet Explorer, Outlook, Outlook Express.
- Remoted configuration and testing router with SSH client.
- Supported business customers.
[September 2008– 2010] GHI Enterprises [ City, State ]
- Provided support to local field offices that support all computer problems.
- Supported application: MS Office Suite, JDE Edwards, PeopleSoft now, all Windows operating systems, all Apple operating systems, Citrix, 4DD applications,
- Norton / Symantec Antivirus, retrospective backup, Palm OS, Windows Active Directory, Adobe Photoshop Quark Express, and many other applications.
- Supported networking on Windows 2000 servers.
- Verified license software using Altiris Software.
- Personalized Support Project launch between developers and users who are working on solutions to improve the version of the procedures.
- Created, defined and wrote standard operating procedure documents.
- Supported TCP / IP, LAN, Internet, e-mail, manufacturing, materials and diverse applications.
- Supported for multiple production lines (newspapers) with different procedures, networks, applications, and hardware.
Application Support Analyst
- Provided support software and hardware for the incoming field offices Job Guide.
- Handled administration, support, backup and facilities for NT / Windows 2000 users.
- Traveled to field offices to configure the local area network, network, Internet, Windows Server 2000 application server, field networks, workstations, desktops, and applications, procedures for training and printers employees.
- Traveled for updates to server swap tasks and control of some of the changes that must be made to the network and workstations.
References – Available on request
***This is only the help desk support resume that we present to you to build it by yourself. Good luck and get the right job soon.
Want more samples?