Here is a sample of financial advisor resume – Feel free to copy-paste and adapt it to build your resume to apply for the job you want. The following resume template can be also utilized for a financial advisor.
A Financial Advisor is a professional who provides specialized financial services and advice to individuals, businesses, and governments. These services can include investment advice such as pension planning, portfolio review, and asset allocation. They can also include insurance sales, estate planning and retirement plan administration. This financial professional is simply someone who helps the investor meet their financial goals and obligations. Unless the investor provides the advisor investment discretion, the investor will maintain control of assets at all times. Most advisors are bound by a legal fiduciary responsibility to act in the best interest of the client at all times. Financial Advisors will use investment vehicles such as stocks, bonds, mutual funds, options, and futures to help meet the needs of the client. The types of investment services provided are based around the risk tolerance, financial history, income requirements, and other determinants that the client specifies. These professionals are compensated in a few different ways. The growing trend in compensation includes fee-only advisors. A fee-only investment advisor charges a percentage of the assets that the client has managed. So, for example, if a client wants the advisor to manage $100,000 and the advisor charges 1% of assets, then the fee would be $1000 per year. Other advisors are known as fee-based advisors.
Key Skills Should Be Considered While Writing A Financial Advisor Resume
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and listening skills.
- The capability to explain complex information simply and clearly.
- The ability to network and establish relationships with clients.
- Research and analytical skills.
- Negotiation and influencing skills as well as determination and tenacity.
- The ability to work in a team.
- Excellent communication skills.
- The ability to explain complex information simply and clearly.
- The ability to analyse and research financial information.
- Sales negotiation and report-writing skills.
- Excellent maths and computer skills.
Financial Advisor Resume Sample
[Street, City, State, Zip] | [Phone] [Email Address]
Dedicated Financial Advisor with more than 9 years of progressive accomplishment in the financial industry. Self-starter, exhibiting high work ethic, dedication, integrity and competence. Personable team player, able to meet challenges and provide solution in a timely manner. Works well with diverse groups. Motivated achiever, dedicated to excellence in service and building relationship.
- Outstanding customer service skills
- Exceptional interpersonal skills.
- MS Word, outlook and Streetscape software
- Accounting and Bookkeeping
- Exceptional analytical skills
- Good communication skills
- Good time management skills
- Industry knowledge
ABC ASSOCIATES, PHILADELPHIA, PA (20xx – Present)
- Provide strategic quantitative models to high-net worth clients to reduce fees, beta and unsystematic risk while adding alpha.
- Formulate asset allocation strategy and develop proprietary investment models for client portfolio.
- Prepare response to request for proposal (RFP) for institutional clients and prospects utilizing comprehensive knowledge of GASB 45legislation.
- Conduct comprehensive portfolio reviews to revaluate objectives and project portfolio performance.
- Ovеrѕее mаrkеting initiatives inсluding wеbѕitе mаintеnаnсе, nеwѕlеttеr, рrint аdѕ аnd сliеnt еvеntѕ.
- Feature speaker аt mоnthlу retail аnd inѕtitutiоnаl ѕеminаrѕ for сliеnt and prospects.
ABC ASSOCIATES, PHILADELPHIA, PA (20xx – 20xx)
- Improved communication and relationship between vendor and client to mitigate budget overruns.
- Increased first year revenue by 31% and grew professional staff by 300%.
- Successfully implemented result in $17 million revenue increasing in 12 months.
- Managed client research and business analysis activities for ABC publishing. Identified and resolved manufacturing process issues, eliminated production bottleneck and minimized scrap.
- Helped to reduce redundancy 32% and improved accuracy 20%, while decreasing legal risk.
BINGHAM UNIVERSITY, MIAMI, FL, 20xx – 20xx
Bachelor Degree in Finance
REFERENCE – Available upon request
***This is only the financial advisor resume sample that we present to you to build it by yourself. Good luck and get the right job soon.
Want more samples?
- Best Sample Job Descriptions by 20 Industries
- Top 16 Resume Examples for Finance and Accounting Industry
- 45 Great Summary Statement Examples for Resumes