Here is a sample of film production assistant resume – Feel free to copy-paste and adapt it to build your resume to apply for the job you want. The following resume template can be also utilized for a production assistant, event production assistant, manufacturing production assistant, film production, and studio assistant.
A film production assistant job varies a lot in terms of its tasks. The position really is a job assisting with everything involved in film production, from setting up a film shoot to dealing with getting lunch for the crew and organizing the producer’s administrative work.
Film production assistants do much of the important basic work. They’re highly valued for their ability to get things done properly and on time. Delays in shooting and other production work are extremely expensive. It’s important to have experienced production assistants on site to solve problems, disentangle situations, and keep things operational. Film production assistants who also have technical know-how are particularly valuable as fixers, people who can handle issues on the spot, know what’s required and how to deal with them.
This job includes travel, living on location, and adapting to such highly variable working conditions. Many film production assistants work freelance. The film jobs last as long as the film is in production, although technically qualified production assistants can also work in post production roles, administration, and business-related areas.
The film production assistant’s ultimate boss is the producer. The film production assistant is both a set of hands for the producer and the producer’s person on the ground.
The job requires good organizational, interpersonal, technical, and administrative skills. This really is a job for fast learners, and people who function well in a team environment.
Key Skills Should Be Considered While Writing A Film Production Assistant Resume
- Able to deal with artist’s payments and expenses
- Punctual, sincere and enthusiastic person
- Excellent secretarial skills and computer literate
- Knowledge of film production
- Strong interpersonal and administrative skills
- Yearning to learn new techniques involved in film production
- Ability to manage contracts with external organizations
- Knowledge of health and safety regulations
- Creative thinker, flexible and well organized
- Experienced in passing on information on the set without disrupting silence
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to take and execute orders from authorities
Film Production Assistant Resume Sample
Street, City, State, Zip | Phone, Email Address
Profoundly gifted, energetic and resourceful Film Production Assistant with over six years experience in assisting directors or producers in all stages of the production process (from pre-production through to post-production and transmission), helping to ensure production runs smoothly.
- Be well organized
- Be highly flexible
- Have good planning and organizational skills
- Have good communication skills
- Be good at time management
- Be confident and enthusiastic
- Have a good work ethic
- Have a strong sense of loyalty and responsibility
- Be highly computer literate
- Have a keen interest in the business of film making
ABC Co., Ltd. Toronto (2015 – Present)
Film Production Assistant
- Manage travel arrangements for outdoor locations.
- Assist in several aspects of producing films and television programs.
- Collect and secure scripts on behalf of the production manager.
- Install audio and video equipment necessary during the shoot.
- Work closely with producer, director and production team.
- Install lighting and camera on the set for shooting.
- Coordinate with staff and attend production meetings.
- Communicate with writers, extras and staff and pass on message of the production manager.
- Check copyright and permission issues
- Ensure that royalty are paid for music, footage and images used on others.
- Draft reports on production status for producer’s review.
- Negotiate with caterers and suppliers of fight-fighting equipment.
- Maintain reports on expenses incurred during the shooting.
ABC Co., Ltd. Toronto (2007 – 2014)
- Served as a communication facilitator between the various elements involved in the production on the set – Performed all tasks, on and off set, as required by actor/director/producer to their complete satisfaction.
- Ensured that producers have the necessary materials prior to editing/audio sessions or shoots.
- Distributed paper documents, scripts and communication systems through the set during the filming process – Supplied and maintained ever-ready stock of supplementary material.
- Prevented any unauthorized elements on the set, or any interference with the shooting process.
BA degree in [Film/Video Production, Media Arts, Film, and Television], 2005
University: American University, Washington, DC
REFERENCES – Available upon request
***This is only the film production assistant resume sample that we present to you to build it by yourself. Good luck and get the right job soon.
Featured image: Designed by Freepik
Want more samples?