Here is a sample of ESL teacher resume – Feel free to copy-paste and adapt it to build your resume to apply for the job you want. The following resume template can be also utilized for an ESL teacher, and English teacher.
English teachers as a second language (ESL) instruct students whose first language is not English, reading, writing and conversation effectively. These professionals are sometimes known as English for speakers of other languages teacher (ESOL).
These teachers bring the English language skills in preparation for the real world, often with an emphasis on communication skills and work-related conversation. They can help students to work in a system that is based on the English language environment, or they can work abroad to familiarize students with the English language.
Travel may be required, and teachers need a lot of patience in working with students who may be frustrated when they try to learn an unknown language.
Key Skills Should Be Considered While Writing An ESL Teacher Resume
- Management and leadership
ESL Teacher Resume Sample
Ernestine J. Jefferson
1307 Walt Nuzum Farm Road
Olean, NY 14760
Tel: 585-379-7754, Email: resumeextra.com
Objective – Vocational education and energy focused on targets with high qualifications in teaching English. History always improves the level of second language learning among students through the effective use of modern teaching methods based on research. An active member of the American Society of ESL. Fully updated with the latest research on effective teaching strategies related to ESL.
- Effective skills in integrating technology into the classroom in the 21st century.
- Expert and excellent four language skills RWSL.
- Competition in the planning and execution of goal-directed hours.
- The ability to use the methods and practice of teaching to achieve high-quality results.
- Formed to communicate with different audiences for cultural diversity.
- Very effective writing skills / verbal and interpersonal.
- Extensive experience in the design of the curriculum.
- Constant desire to raise the level of English students.
- Data management and computer skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook).
ABC Public School Olean, NY (2011 – Present)
SELECTED PERFORMANCE HIGHLIGHTS
- Responsible for the conduct of students who have difficulties in their studies.
- Serve as a student counselor before and after classroom sessions.
- The design of appropriate programs, taking into account the level and student goals.
- Design creative and educational programs that are educational and enjoyable.
- Design for students written comments and explanations to raise awareness of the cultural and language.
- Spent in the classroom and maintain competence in classroom activities.
- Adhering to the laws and government policies, and student performance is evaluated.
XYZ College Randolph, MA (2007 – 2011)
SELECTED PERFORMANCE HIGHLIGHTS
- Developed effective lesson plans for ESL classes.
- Integrated technology into daily lessons.
- Supported learning activities begin for students of ESL that aim to advance their skills.
- Participated in the teaching of ESL in planning and implementing lessons.
- Charted the progress of each student’s portfolio periodically.
- Facilitated the education process that ensures the availability of AV aids and instructions to communicate the tasks and missions.
- Taught English as a second language class 6-15 multilingual students.
- Adapted lessons to meet the needs of pupils.
- Carried out activities on confidence, perception, vocabulary, pronunciation and grammar practice.
EDUCATION & QUALIFICATIONS
IBM Institute Of Linguistics, New York City, NY, (2006)
Masters of Arts in English
REFERENCES – Available on request
***This is only the ESL teacher resume sample that we present to you to build it by yourself. Good luck and get the right job soon.
Want more sample?
- ESL Teacher Job Description Sample
- Ideal English Teacher Resume Sample
- Top 21 Resume Examples for Education Industry