Here is a sample of computer science resume – Feel free to copy-paste and adapt it to build your resume to apply for the job you want. The following resume template can be also utilized for a computer science internship.
Guides for You
- Computer Science Distilled: Learn the Art of Solving Computational Problems
- Computer Science: An Interdisciplinary Approach
- The Self-Taught Programmer: The Definitive Guide to Programming Professionally
- Code: The Hidden Language of Computer Hardware and Software
The duties of a Computer scientist in an organization, company or firm involves conducting research to develop new computer technologies in order to solve problems in a variety of fields;coding, designing and testing software; make use of techniques, skills, and modern engineering tools needed for engineering practice and implement them on existing software; design a system, component and process to meet desired requirement within realistic constraints such as economic, political, environmental, ethical, social, health and safety, manufacturability, and sustainability.
A Computer scientist is also called a computer and information scientists, can function in a government agencies and in a private organization as a private software publishers, and can also function in an academic institution. The Computer Scientist is usually employed to develop new products or solve computing problems.
As a Computer scientist, you will work as part of a research team with information technology professionals, computer programmers and mechanical or electrical engineers. Computer Scientist involves in more theoretical explorations of computing issues, utilizing experimentation and modeling in carrying out researches that are used to design and develop new computer technology.
Possessing a doctorate degree majoring in computer science is usually required for this career, however, graduate with a bachelor’s degree has opportunity of obtaining good position in an organization.
Skills Required for Computer Scientist
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Design and integration problem solving skills.
- An excellent communicator
- Passionate about computers.
- Result driven.
- Ability to work as an individual as well as in team.
- Good analytical & logical thinking
Computer Science Resume Example
[Street, City, State, Zip, Phone, Email]
A professional computer scientist with remarkable analytical and logical skills an expert in working on integrating software programs with computer hardware possessing excellent data analysis reporting skills utilizing statistical methods and software expert in performing complex operations. An initiative and innovative and creative thinker with over ten years’ experience developing various programs on different languages for existing software possessing multi-dimensional professional with exceptional logical and analytical skills.
Qualities and Core Competencies
- Good analytical & logical thinking.
- Proficiency in MS Suite such as MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint.
- Detail oriented and strong interpersonal skills.
- Proficient in C, Java, PHP, and MYSQL.
- Good Conceptual, Analytical and Logical skills.
- Highly skilled in Photoshop, Macromedia and Bugzilla.
- Ability to work individually as well as in a group environment.
- Design and integration.
- Written and verbal communications.
- Passionate about computers.
ABC Inc. Math Avenue, Sunnyvale, CA (2010 – Present)
Electronic Security System
- Give various presentations on software applications.
- Present models in front of seniors and elaborating it.
- Design and develop a cost-effective and well-equipped plan.
- Perform different duties as assigned within the given time frame and budget.
- Design the program for various purposes.
- Suggest innovative ideas to improve the performance of existing software.
- Identify problems and provide the best possible solution.
Education and Qualification
Master’s Degree majoring in Computer Science Engineering.
B.Tech or BSc in Computer Science or Computer Engineering.
***This is only the computer science resume that we present to you to build it by yourself. Good luck and get the right job soon.
Want more samples?
Guides for You...
>>> New - Amazing Resumes!
>>> Veterans Guide To Getting Federal Jobs
>>> How To Use Linkedin To Find A New Position
>>> Ultimate Guide To Job Interview Answers
>>> Guide to Job Search