Here is a sample of computer programmer resume – Feel free to copy-paste and adapt it to build your resume to apply for the job you want. The following resume format can be also utilized for a programmer analyst.
Guide for You
Computer programmers write, or code, the programs that tell computers what to do. This is accomplished by converting the software program, designed by software engineers, into a series of instructions a computer can follow. The job is multifaceted in that it entails creating, adapting, modifying, troubleshooting and maintaining programs. Although having a bachelor’s or master’s degree is most often required for computer programming jobs, those with related work experience may only need a certificate or associate’s degree. Depending on where they work, programmers may also need to seek certification.
Computer programmers often work with software engineers in converting programs into codes that a computer can process. Experience is a primary asset in the computer programming field, so pursuing a graduate certificate or degree, or taking standalone courses, are good options that can lead to job mobility and career advancement.
Skills Required for Computer Programmer
- Ability to apply technical standards, principles, theories and techniques
- Experience with programming languages such as Java, C++,
- Database systems experience with SQL Server, Oracle
- Possesses problem-solving capabilities
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Databases: MySQL, Oracle, Access, DB2
- Operating System: UNIX, Linux, Windows, DOS
Computer Programmer Resume Example
[Street, City, State, Zip] | [Phone] [Email Address]
Accomplished computer programmer with 9 years’ experience in.NET software applications and an in-depth knowledge of programming languages for development and programming; technical expertise includes:
- Analytical Thinking
- Application Development Methodologies
- Application Development Tools
- Application Programming Interfaces
- Concurrent Programming
- Constraint-based Programming
- Database Management Systems (DBMS)
- Database Techniques
- Programming Languages
- Programming Methodologies
- Third Generation Languages
- Use Logical Reasoning
ABC Co., Ltd. Toronto (2015 – Present)
- Work on several challenging projects related to education, government and medical fields. Consult with clients and engineers to solve problems and recommend changes in programs.
- Assess the objective of the project by studying the job description, and prepared flow charts accordingly.
- Coordinate with system analysts and software engineers in completing complex projects.
- Monitor the program and make required changes to produce a smooth and efficient run.
- Conduct tests and trial runs to ensure that the program produced the desired results in a timely manner.
- Document the program and clarify it with instructions, resulting in easily comprehended coding.
ABC Co., Ltd., New York, NY (20XX-20XX)
- In charge of 3 programming projects which all brought in a 20% revenue increase for ABC Company, L.L.C.
- Selected as the “Lead Programmer” for several application development seminars over the span of 10 years of attendance.
- Trained 5 potential employees via a 2-week class in which they learned the advanced internal structures of the company.
- Kept equipment operating by following operating instructions; troubleshooting breakdowns; maintaining supplies; performing preventive maintenance; calling for repairs.
- Accomplished information systems and organization mission by completing related results as needed.
MS, Computer Science, 1997
BS in Information Technology 1984
New York University
REFERENCES – Available upon request
***This is only the computer programmer resume that we present to you to build it by yourself. Good luck and get the right job soon.
Recommended >> >Web Programmer Resume Sample
Guides for You...
>>> New - Amazing Resumes!
>>> Veterans Guide To Getting Federal Jobs
>>> How To Use Linkedin To Find A New Position
>>> Ultimate Guide To Job Interview Answers
>>> Guide to Job Search