Here is a sample of computer programmer resume – Feel free to copy-paste and adapt it to build your resume to apply for the job you want. The following resume format can be also utilized for a programmer analyst.
Computer programmers write, or code, the programs that tell computers what to do. This is accomplished by converting the software program, designed by software engineers, into a series of instructions a computer can follow. The job is multifaceted in that it entails creating, adapting, modifying, troubleshooting and maintaining programs. Although having a bachelor’s or master’s degree is most often required for computer programming jobs, those with related work experience may only need a certificate or associate’s degree. Depending on where they work, programmers may also need to seek certification.
Computer programmers often work with software engineers in converting programs into codes that a computer can process. Experience is a primary asset in the computer programming field, so pursuing a graduate certificate or degree, or taking standalone courses, are good options that can lead to job mobility and career advancement.
Skills Required for Computer Programmer
- Ability to apply technical standards, principles, theories and techniques
- Experience with programming languages such as Java, C++,
- Database systems experience with SQL Server, Oracle
- Possesses problem-solving capabilities
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Databases: MySQL, Oracle, Access, DB2
- Operating System: UNIX, Linux, Windows, DOS
Computer Programmer Resume Example
[Street, City, State, Zip] | [Phone] [Email Address]
Accomplished computer programmer with 9 years’ experience in.NET software applications and an in-depth knowledge of programming languages for development and programming; technical expertise includes:
- Analytical Thinking
- Application Development Methodologies
- Application Development Tools
- Application Programming Interfaces
- Concurrent Programming
- Constraint-based Programming
- Database Management Systems (DBMS)
- Database Techniques
- Programming Languages
- Programming Methodologies
- Third Generation Languages
- Use Logical Reasoning
ABC Co., Ltd. Toronto (2015 – Present)
- Work on several challenging projects related to education, government and medical fields. Consult with clients and engineers to solve problems and recommend changes in programs.
- Assess the objective of the project by studying the job description, and prepared flow charts accordingly.
- Coordinate with system analysts and software engineers in completing complex projects.
- Monitor the program and make required changes to produce a smooth and efficient run.
- Conduct tests and trial runs to ensure that the program produced the desired results in a timely manner.
- Document the program and clarify it with instructions, resulting in easily comprehended coding.
ABC Co., Ltd., New York, NY (20XX-20XX)
- In charge of 3 programming projects which all brought in a 20% revenue increase for ABC Company, L.L.C.
- Selected as the “Lead Programmer” for several application development seminars over the span of 10 years of attendance.
- Trained 5 potential employees via a 2-week class in which they learned the advanced internal structures of the company.
- Kept equipment operating by following operating instructions; troubleshooting breakdowns; maintaining supplies; performing preventive maintenance; calling for repairs.
- Accomplished information systems and organization mission by completing related results as needed.
MS, Computer Science, 1997
BS in Information Technology 1984
New York University
REFERENCES – Available upon request
***This is only the computer programmer resume that we present to you to build it by yourself. Good luck and get the right job soon.
Recommended >> >Web Programmer Resume Sample